Thursday, June 11, 2009

Itza Gift Shop

Organizing like crazy, researching like a nut...and then getting cold feet and only listing some of the inexpensive items.



Well...except for this one purse that was sooooo fun to learn about! I have been fascinated with this little number and it took a lot of research to find one like it online. It is a Whiting and Davis mesh purse.



Then there is a book that is a first edition 1912 Organic Chemistry book that belonged to my friend's father. He used it when he was a pharmacist in WWII. The only thing I could find about it was 2 on Amazon that were listed for over $470.00 Somehow I can't believe that, but I do know that some of these books are worth something!


I am having sooooo much fun! And even though we did not plan on listing $4 items, the Girl Scouts and Brownies pins were irresistable and then the Old Maid game took me back to my childhood. Who can resist that?!


What I am having the hardest time with are the rings and gold bracelets. There is just so much you need to know about gem grading, types of gold, etc. My head is spinning. And then organizing all of this...one thing about it, I am not bored!

2 comments:

  1. Is this your new booth? That purse is super I can certainly come up with a list for that beauty to be a part of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am managing this booth for a friend whose family just put their house up for an estate sale. She got first dibs at stuff...but there was soooo much! Her dad once owned a pawn shop, then a jewelry store in his later years. He also was a pharmacist and for some reason hung onto a lot! She took as much as she could handle including the oldest books, children's games and books, purses, hats, china, etc. I will be listing those for her.

    ReplyDelete